The main component of insulation is cement with special additives that “capture” millions of water molecules. In the event of a fire, these molecules boil and create a shield of water vapor that keeps the inside of the safe below 121 ° C. This temperature is much lower than where paper burns and digital media CDs, DVDs melt.
Masterlock safes remain watertight in 20cm of water for 24 hours. Waterproof safes remain watertight even when completely submerged in water. The safes are watertight thanks to the special type of closed-cell foam gasket that they have around their lid or door.
The Master Lock No. LFW205FYC XX-Large Security Digital Combination Safe is designed to protect documents, digital media and other valuables from fire, water, and theft. 60% bigger bolts than traditional safes and pry-resistant hinge bar provide additional security against unauthorized access.
• Steel construction with fire and water protection
• 6 large, live locking bolts of 2,5cm diameter and pry resistant hinge bar for a higher level of resistance
• UL/ETL verified 60 minutes fire protection for documents, official papers, as well as digital items (CD, USB sticks) up to 927Â°C
• ETL verified water protection up to 20cm for 24 hours to protect documents and other valuable items from flood damage
• ETL verified to withstand a 4,5-meter drop during a fire and stay closed
• Programmable digital combination with backlit keypad for an easy use even in dark places: 2 resettable combinations + 1 Master combination (non programmable)
• Interior light, deep tray, locking drawer and built-in storage on the door
• Bolt down hardware included
Product Number: LFW205FYC
Exterior dimensions (H x W x D): 60,5cm x 47,2cm x 49cm
Interior dimensions (H x W x D): 49,8cm x 37,6cm x 30,2cm
Interior Volume: 56,5L
Weight W/o Packaging: 56,6kg
Batteries: Requires 4 AAA batteries (not included)